Готика 2: Другая история Gothic II: Other Story - Описание мода
Готика 2: Другая история / Other Story - это глобальная модификация для игры «Готика 2: Ночь Ворона». Её цель - сделать игру более нелинейной, с большим количеством вариантов выбора и...
Новости Старт 6го сезона Grim League
4 мая в 18-00 стартует шестой сезон Community лиги по одной из лучших игр в жанре arpg Grim Dawn. Сезон представляет собой глобальную модификацию игры, включающую в себя расширение мира, изменение...
Новости Дата релиза Baldur's Gate III
Наконец-то дождались - "Baldur's Gate III" покидает ранний доступ, и в августе 2023 выходит в полноценный релиз, о чём стало известно на церемонии "The Game Awards 2022". С момента выхода игры в...
Новости Итоги года от The Game Awards 2022
Вчера прошла ежегодная церемония награждения проектов в индустрии компьютерных игр и киберспорта. Самую главную награда - "Игра года" забрала игра "Elden Ring" от японских разработчиков...

В процессе Battle Mage / Arcane Warrior / Spellsword subclass

Depression

Постоялец
Участник форума
Реакции
Баллы
Лучшие ответы
The idea is not about creating a new guild, but more about giving one of the existing magic guilds a kind of new path. Right now, we have magic swords and staffs that are balanced to offer players the possibility of using them as another ring / amulet item that increases magic potency and deals more damage from spells.
Additionally, we can create a hybrid build where we actually train weapon mastery and deal most of our damage with magic weapons, which, to be honest, will always be some sort of waste of our true potential because using damage spells will almost always give us better results.
To this day any idea of being a "weapon mage" is just about some less or more funny hybrid. Why not change that?

Main points of my idea:

- another subclass like shaman / poisoner, but it will be available only for mage guilds OR available only for a single magic guild, not as a subclass but just another NPC offering a different way to play the game instead of the standard caster.

- choosing the way of a magic sword will greatly decrease the potency of damage spells from runes and scrolls. I don't know about summons - it's all about balance.

- new abilities available only for that subclass. Stuff like auras, additional damage on our weapons, additional resistances, availability to ignore strength requirements on some items by using our intelligence factor - this subject is purely about our imagination and also modding limitations. I don't really want to give exact instructions on how it is supposed to look exactly.

- IF this is a subclass avaiable for all mage guilds, then we need an NPC who is our additional mentor, he teaches us new skills, spells, attributes and circles. Similar to Gallahad - neutral mage that is not bonded with any guild.

- another NPC - arcane blacksmith. It could also be the same NPC that is mentoring us. The idea behind him is to give us the option to use 2H swords. After we find 1H magic sword we could bring it to him so he can "transform" it into the 2H version that will have increased range and maybe damage - again, all about balance. The idea is only about having a choice of being a 1H or 2H fighter. He could also just teach us how to forge it ourselves. Of course, in terms of how it would actually work, it would be necessary to create a 2H version of all existing 1H swords as completely new items.

- Shields. I don't know if it would be about using our intelligence attribute instead of our strength to calculate if we are allowed to use that shield, or maybe we should get new shields that are also going to be created by ourselves with help from our arcane blacksmith?

- subclass is all about using magic swords, while staffs are still default caster mage equipment. In that case, staffs should always be the only option for a caster mage - if he is supposed to still find any magic sword, then staffs should always be superior to him, while the only way to use magic swords efficiently would require having a battle mage subclass.

- armors. There are 2 schools of thought: we could still use robes and enhance our resistances / health / magic shields OR we could use heavy armors by surpassing their strength requirements with some of our magic attributes.

Последнее редактирование:

Толстяк Онар

Житель города
Участник форума
Реакции
Баллы
Лучшие ответы
Your ideas were already (kinda) implemented in the optional mod "magic rebalance" by Stoned Wizard. It has an English translation btw so have fun m8.

A link:
Магический ребаланс

Автор
Автор
D

Depression

Постоялец
Участник форума
Реакции
Баллы
Лучшие ответы
Your ideas were already (kinda) implemented in the optional mod "magic rebalance" by Stoned Wizard. It has an English translation btw so have fun m8.

A link:
Magic rebalance
Magic rebalance is completly unbalanced, i dont like it at all.

Main idea of my mod suggestion was making it possible to use 2 handed sword that is just a two handed version of magic swords that are already existing in game. Magic rebalance doesn't do that.

khellzhao

Житель города
Участник форума
Реакции
Баллы
Лучшие ответы
Magic rebalance is completly unbalanced, i dont like it at all.

Main idea of my mod suggestion was making it possible to use 2 handed sword that is just a two handed version of magic swords that are already existing in game. Magic rebalance doesn't do that.
You can try and balance it yourself. That's what I did and I'm having a blast with it. I believe the mod will be further developed, so stay tuned.

Сверху Снизу